Long ad

Come and See!

Translate

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Honey Maple Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin [Tried & True-ly Yummy]


Honey Maple Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin

I have a Slightly Funny story to go with this recipe.

 I found it on Pinterest and immediately thought this could be a great 'every-couple-months' meal that the WHOLE Family could love. It was hard to think anyone could dislike something with the keywords MAPLE & HONEY, ...HA. 

Some nights I do actually make a meal that only my husband and I like (or can tolerate--if its spicy, etc.) and make the kids nuggets or something super easy...But this one was a TOTAL WINNER! And is being added to the list of meals that our family loves! Yay :D

*funny part* My husband is an absolute hater of naturally smelly foods, ex: Onion, Garlic, vinegar's, etc...(which is why i usually omit or only use part of the onion/garlic a recipe asks for and sub. with dried versions) and in this case...balsamic vinegar (which i love and enjoy the smell of, to be honest! lol) is an ingredient that he has told me numerous times he has said " just wreaks".

So...as I was cooking/prepping for this meal, sure enough, he saw me adding this and immediately had to express his concern and dislike of the taste and smell. So as usually patterned, I assured him that the meat would not taste like the Balsamic vinegar, and that it helps with the awesome flavor of the marinade and is combined with other things...not to worry.  

Sure enough...after getting his bowl and finding his chair in the Family room...he took a few good bites and then he actually SAID  "this isn't bad" all by himself! I couldn't believe my ears!!!!  ha-ha  that's rare!! Even if he likes a meal, he will eat it and go on his way, saying THE USUAL 'thanks for dinner'. 


So I am now a firm believer this is one of those any occasion meals 
that most EVERYONE WILL LOVE. Hooray!

The great thing about this meal (or any crock pot meal really) is that it can usually last a couple, sometimes even 3-4 separate meals, as left overs...so It makes the meat buying and other things less expensive being spanned out between days. Who doesn't love less time in the kitchen and saving money!!??

Well here is the recipe so you can get to plannin' for this one!

Honey Maple Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin

2 pound pork tenderloin
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp oil (optional)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp dry thyme
Sprinkle all sides of tenderloin with salt and pepper. If desired, brown all sides in a hot skillet with the oil. I like to brown it because it adds great flavor, but if you’re in a hurry, you can skip this step. Place the pork in a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.  Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk till well combined, then pour over the pork tenderloin. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-9 hours. Shred or slice to serve.
recipe found @: http://www.creationsbykara.com/2014/01/parmesan-crusted-baked-pork-chops.html/

*I served ours over rice (cut up and mixed in the meat with the rice for the kids ;) and some vegetables on the side.


**My husband did suggest, and I would agree, that maybe we could even throw in some vegetables. We could honestly eat just the meat as the recipe calls for, but I think we both thought the honey maple marinade was so dang yummy that a vegetable would taste amazing soaking in it as well ;D

 I would say maybe baby carrots and tossing them in the last hour or so... Let me know if  you toss in any extra vegetables too and how that goes!

ENJOY
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what ya think !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ad 1